martes, 9 de octubre de 2007

Poetry & Fox

Song of Myself / Walt Whitman
1
I CELEBRATE myself, and sing myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.

I loafe and invite my soul,
I lean and loafe at my ease observing a spear of summer grass.

My tongue, every atom of my blood, form'd from this soil, this air,
Born here of parents born here from parents the same, and their
parents the same,
I, now thirty-seven years old in perfect health begin,
Hoping to cease not till death.

...

***

I have recently posted about Mexican poets. I was talking about a bridge, a brand new one that has became famous because of its creator: the left party candidate to the Mexican Presidence a year ago. The bridge itself with its 5 kms connects 3 cliffs in the west part of the big city. It starts/ends at the super modern financial/commercial part of the city (Santa Fe) with a neighborhood that used to be part of a big park (Tarango). And the bridge has been named after the name of 3 Mexican contemporary poets: Pellicer, Sabines and Paz... ¡¡¡¿¿¿y por qué cuernos estoy hablando en inglés y dando datos como de guía Michelin venida a menos???!!! Pu's yo creo que nomás por mamona (¡a lavarse la boca con jabón, pelada!)... Se me hace que todo fue por oír cada 10 minutos parte de la entrevista de Larry King a Mr. Fox... áchis... no le basta con decir barbaridades en castellano, ahora se atreve a hacerlo en inglés... y perdone usté pero ¡qué inglés! Creo que ni los taxistas de Cd. Juárez lo hablan así... ay señor expresidente, ¡ya cállese! Y si quiere aprender inglés, lea señor, lea. Lea a Whitman, lea a Joyce, de perdis lea las letras de las canciones de John Lennon, pero lea, por favor lea algo que no sea el Quién y el Caras y el Hola, PLEAAAAAASE!!!
Por lo pronto, yo ya me puse a leer a Whitman bajito en voz alta.

1 comentario:

Mandarina Acida dijo...

por eso nos lo tiran jajaj simbolicamente los jarochos!